Management Essentials is back!
June 3, 2022
San Diego Mesa College
At this time we are planning on an in person event, should we need to pivot due to COVID-19 we will notify all registered participants.
Additional dates are listed below for next sessions and online registration is now OPEN! The $150 registration fee includes materials, breakfast, lunch and refreshments.
This one-day regional training was developed based on recent surveys and feedback about the needs of today’s community college administrators and encompasses years of research. A key finding that drove the development of this program is that being an effective manager is essential in a political environment, but it isn’t enough to be successful.
Management Essentials is intended for those administrators who desire to learn the following knowledge, skills and practices:
- How to manage up, down and sideways
- How to extend their influence throughout the organization
- How to forge strong ties to build momentum
A diverse group of seasoned and dynamic presenters will provide focused training on four topics:
- Framing Leadership
Navigating Political Landscapes
ACCCA Table Talk: Building a Support Network for Women
- Landing Zone: Tips for Getting the Job
This is an interactive program where participants are encouraged to share their experiences in a safe learning environment.
The $150 registration fee include all materials, breakfast, lunch and refreshments.
- June 3, 2022 - San Diego Mesa College
- October 21, 2022 -San Joaquin Delta College
Meet Your June 2022 Instructors!
- Dr. Pamela Luster, President of San Diego Mesa College
- Dr. Helen Benjamin, President HSV Consulting and Former Chancellor of Contra Costa Community College District
- Dr. Julianna Barnes, President of Cuyamaca College
- Dr. Ashanti Hands, Vice President of Student Services at San Diego Mesa College
- Dr. Star Rivera-Lacey, Superintendent/President of Palomar Community College District
- Dr. Geisce Ly, ACCCA Board Member and Management Development Commission Chair